Towards Sustainable Smart and Resilient City
Participants (M/F):) 11 (6/5)
- To present the outcomes of Bishkek’s evaluation as Sustainable and Smart and share the key recommendations which will be reflected in the Bishkek City Profile;
- To present the progress on the preparation of the pilot investment projectfor Bishkek – the industrial center in the Kalys-Ordo informal settlement;
- To update the city on the progress of preparing the urban economic resilience report for Bishkek and to announce next anticipated steps on it.
- To introduce the work of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDDR) office in Bishkek in supporting strengthening of urban resilience.
Description: This validation workshop in Bishkek is organized by UNECE with participation of UN-Habitat and the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in the Kyrgyz Republic. It presents the intermediate outcomes of cooperation between UNECE and the city on these two projects:
- Smart Sustainable Cities for the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development and the New Urban Agenda in the UNECE Region
- Building Urban Economic Resilience during and after COVID-19